SWORDv3 is a proposed revision of the specification to break the dependence on Atom and the Atom Publishing Protocol, and to engineer the protocol around JSON and a pure RESTful approach.
It’s still early stages, and you can read the working documents here.
The documents themselves:
- An introduction to the specification proposal
- The proposed spec (v3 – 2018-03-06)
- Our usage patterns and requirements analysis
- SWORD community discussion document
The research, statements and use cases upon which the new proposal is based:
- An annotated version of the current SWORDv2 spec
- Jisc’s statement of requirements, working document
- Data Deposit Scenarios blog post
- SWORD: Facilitating Deposit Scenarios in DLib
- SWORD community consultation document from Jisc