Demonstration clients for use in testing SWORD implementations.
- Desktop Client (command-line and gui versions), available from http://sourceforge.net/projects/sword-app/ and as a single ZIP download SWORD Client 1.1.
- Facebook client, for depositing from Facebook to SWORD-compliant EPrints, DSpace, Fedora and IntraLibrary repositories, available at http://fb.swordapp.org/
- ‘How does the Facebook Client Actually Work?‘ from Stuart Lewis’ blog.
Access may require a username and password, these can be requested by email from sword @ swordapp.com
The DSpace, Fedora, EPrints and IntraLibrary implementations are made available for testing only. SWORD makes no guarantee regarding the availability of these services. To avoid overloading the implementations with vast numbers of large deposits, users can use the NoOp command which will instruct the server to act as though a deposit has been ingested, without actually doing so. Minor changes may still be made to any of the following.
IntraLibrary (SWORD v1.3)
NB: The following relates to a new demo SWORD installation of intraLibrary as at 3 April 2009. Please contact Andrew Robson at Intrallect for any further information on how to access this test installation: support [at] intrallect [dot] com.
SWORD Test User: sword
Service Document: http://sword.intralibrary.com/IntraLibrary-Deposit/service
‘Optional onBehalfOf username:’ sword_contributor
Accepts: Individual files (any mimetype), IMS Content Packages, SCORM Packages. Uploading LOM XML files with a URL in Technical Location field creates a Web object in intraLibrary with any accompanying LOM metadata in the XML file.
DSpace (SWORD v1.3)
Service document: http://demo.dspace.org/sword/servicedocument
SWORD Test User: users should create an account to user the sword interface
Accepted packaging formats: http://purl.org/net/sword-types/METSDSpaceSIP (1.0)
- http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/repositories/sword/BurningStubble.zip (IMS content package with one image)
- http://sword-app.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/sword-app/dspace/trunk/example/example.zip (METS (METSDSpaceSIP 1.0) document and three PDF files)
- http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/repositories/sword/example.zip (METS with epdcx** metadata and three PDF files)
- http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/repositories/sword/deposit.zip (METS with one word document)
- http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/repositories/sword/external_mets.xml (METS file)
- http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/repositories/sword/test-import.xml (EPrints XML file)